I’m aware that I am work in progress: Anushka Sharma

Anushka Sharma has proven to be a star in the truest sense and is one of the finest actors in the industry. However, she says that she prefers to stay grounded and focus on her work, adding that she never feels settled as she believes in reinvention as the key to one’s success.

Anushka says that human beings are “incomplete” souls in life who “try to complete things, either by filling the void with work or relationships.”

“We all are flawed human beings, going about with our lives. I have had a very good life. I have managed to do a lot of things very early on in my life and I am very proud of it. I have always been aware that I am a work in progress. I am someone who has to constantly keep changing and reinventing,” Anushka said.

She continued, “It is very easy to feel that way (settled) in a profession because it is easy for people around you to make you feel that way. I have always made sure people around me are real and represent things to me correctly. As it just improves the quality of my life.”

Speaking about her role in her upcoming film, Zero, in which she plays a wheelchair-bound scientist suffering from cerebral palsy, Anushka said that when director Aanad L Rai approached her to play this role, she was prepared for the challenge that was coming her way.

“My role was difficult to play. I had to voluntarily create an involuntary movement, while I was focusing on the dialogue and the emotions. It was physically draining and it takes a lot of mental focus. I knew I had to do this correctly.”

What helped in her portrayal of the character was Rai’s vision for the film and his research. Anushka worked with an occupational therapist and an audiologist for about three-four months to understand the nuances.

Zero is scheduled to release on December 21 this year. It also starres Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif in the lead while a plethora of stars including Alia Bhatt, Kajol, Rani and the late Sri Devi will be making special appearances.



from Pakistan Today
I’m aware that I am work in progress: Anushka Sharma I’m aware that I am work in progress: Anushka Sharma Reviewed by Khurram Shahzad on November 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.